China is one of the largest countries of the world, having the largest population in the world too. It is very known of its vast population and literacy rate of 90% of the youngsters above age of 15. Living standard in China is not considered to be very high, as china has a big population with low income.
China having a large area, habitat a large number of culture in it. There are large number of sports .China has become a prime sports destination worldwide. The country gained the hosting rights for several major global sports tournaments including the 2008 Summer Olympics, the 2015 World Championships in Athletics, the upcoming 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup and the upcoming 2022 Winter Olympics.
China has a vast range of climatic conditions as it spreads on a large part of globe. The major part of China speaks chinese language arn people here are considered to be very friendly with foreigners.
MBBS IN CHINA
As most of the medical universities of China are recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI), it makes a good place for students of India to move forward and learn MBBS in China. Being a very large part of land, China shows vast range of weather conditions and vast range of culture. People can easily adjust in the environment and can make it more feasible for them to learn with better approach.
The ups about studying MBBS in China are, tuition fee is way much cheaper than in America and Canada. MBBS is a 6 year duration and is comparable to 8 years of study (4 in pre med, 4 in med school) in America and Canada. You can also work as an English teacher and save a lot of money.
WHY MBBS IN CHINA
To maintain highest standards of quality, the Chinese Ministry of Education has set up a quality control regulation on medical education, especially focusing on English medium undergraduate medical education. The Medical Universities in China are listed in World Directory of Medical Schools and it’s degrees are recognized world-wide. There are highly advanced super-speciality Medical Hospitals attached to the Medical Universities which provide excellent clinical exposure to the students. All Medical Universities have modern campus with state of the art modern facilities and well- equipped libraries, classrooms, laboratories, cafeteria etc. China is a popular destination for MBBS for international students and many students from Countries like India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, UAE, Ghana, Kenya, Thailand etc.
Listing below some major points for pursuing MBBS in China
- Affordable fees structure and living. Fees start from almost Rs. 2.5 Lakhs for most universities.
- About 48 universities in China are on the list of Medical Council of India (MCI).
- A global degree with worldwide acceptance.
- MCI and WHO accredited courses. They are recognized by MOE (China Ministry of Education).
- Mandarin taught from the first year of the degree, preparing the students and future doctors the language to be able to interact with patients during their internships and clinical rotations.
- The MBBS in China courses taught are in English.
- Well-equipped hospitals associated with universities where there is practical approach right from the beginning.
- Brilliant Hostels available with the excellent secure infrastructure with Separate hostels for International Students.
- International exposure is provided as there are many nationalities mingling with each other than just Chinese or Indians.
- A few universities also provide scholarships for early applications.
Hostels are well-equipped and safe & secure.
Eligibility to join medicine degree in China is very simple and straightforward. MBBS in China for Indian students’ eligibility also remains the same. However, the minimum aggregate marks that qualifies for application varies with few universities.
- Eligibility criteria for MBBS applicants are passing in the higher school education in the 10+2 pattern. The minimum score is 50 % in aggregate in the major subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The applicant should be a non-china nationality and abide by the laws (in the international quota)
- Age shall be minimum 17 years and maximum shall be 26 years
- Candidate must be NEET-UG Qualified.
- Students must provide all the certificates to authenticate their qualification when they send application for admission. It includes mark sheets, school leaving certificate, etc.
There are a few highly reputed universities in China that requires about 75% marks scored in the higher secondary examination. Candidates are shortlisted based on the marks and early receipt of application.
Marks required for MBBS in China is average. There is no need to score high percentage in the school examination to get admission.
Submission of Additional Documents
All applicants must submit the academic documents. It includes
- Mark sheets of class 10
- Mark sheets of class 12
- School transfer certificate
- Conduct certificate and
- School leaving certificate.
In addition, the other necessary documents like passport copies, application forms, etc.
In addition, there are few additional documents that applicant should send to process the admission. It includes, NO Criminal Record certificate and Medical Checkup Certificates. It is mandated by China MBBS Education Institution.
These two documents were mandatory for Indian students to submit when they apply for 30 day student visa in the Chinese Embassy. However, these documents are mandatory now to be attached along with the application forms when you apply for to study MBBS in China, to any Medical University in China.
MBBS FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
In most cases, the academic year begin from the month of September or October. The application shall be closed by the end of June every year. It will take three to five weeks to process the documents. So, when you apply study in China immediately after the announcement of admission, you will have sufficient time to stay prepared.
Get the list of university you wish to join and mark the timeline for admission. Each university enroll different number of students every year.
MBBS in China 2018 is like to come with the same scenario. The rules and regulations as well as the admission process, also remains the same.
MBBS in China is a six years course, divided into two parts, classroom education and internship training for one year.
Indian students who study MBBS in China, has more advantages over other international students. Indian students do internship for one year after completion of the 5 year medical degree. After completion of the 5 years course and one year internship, there is no need for Indian students to do internship in India. Internship in China is valid in India, while internship in other countries doesn’t have validity in India. A few approved universities doesn’t need the students to undergo one year internship training. Students also have the option to skip internship in China and do the same in India. MCI screening test is necessary.
List of Top MCI Approved Medical Universities in China
Actually MCI has approved 45 Chines medical universities where Indian student may study. Some top universities are listed below-
||Name of University
||Hanjiang, Yangzhou, Jiangsu, China
||China Medical University
||Shenyang, Liaoning, China
||Chaoyang, Changchun, Jilin, China
||South East University
||Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
||Nanjing Medical University
||Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
||XI’AN Jiaotong University
||Beilin, Xi’an, Shaanxi, China
||Yinchuan, Ningxia, China
||Huazhong University (HUST))
||Wuhan, Hubei, China
||Qiqihar Medical University
||Qiqihar city, Heilongjiang, China
||Wenzhou Medical University
||Wenzhou, Zhejiang Province
||Dalian Medical University
||South Lushun Road, Dalian, China
||Zhejiang Sheng, China
COST OF LIVING IN CHINA
- Food – 150.00 ¥
- Public Transportation- 80 ¥
- Basic Utilities – 360.80 ¥
- Monthly Rent – 3,637.24 ¥
Currently 1 Indian Rupee equals 0.094 Chinese Yuan
TRANSPORTATION FROM INDIA TO CHINA
Flight transportation is available from India to China, It can take 12 hrs to 28 hours to journey from Delhi to various locations in China. Air fare is nominal and pocket friendly for Indian people.