MBBS in Mauritius is very popular among Indian students. Mauritius is an emerging destination for quality Medical Studies (MBBS) in Indian Ocean. Mauritius is a second home for India students because the culture, language, food and lifestyle is almost like India. One doesn’t feel away from home in Mauritius.
Anna Medical College and Research Centre, Mauritius
Anna Medical College offers MBBS program with clinical postings at Flacq teaching Hospital in Mauritius . The infrastructure has been set up with the modern facilities for quality health education and health delivery. Our past and vast experiences have done us proud in setting up yet another global venture.
The college attracts an international student presence. The experienced, dedicated and full time faculty is drawn from the cream of talent available in India and Mauritius. The vision of the institution is to achieve excellence in education and healthcare and global standards in human development.
AMC functions on a beautiful and spacious campus housing the Pre-clinical and Para-clinical departments at Montagne Blanche, and Clinical facilities at Flacq. The teaching hospital at Flacq is a multi-specialty infrastructure for Clinical training. AMC house state of the art classrooms with smart boards for classroom teaching, modern laboratories with individual microscopes and other facilities for each student, Administrative Section with space for Dean Office and allied departments, Library with more than 7000 medical books, large reading hall, e-library and modern multimedia centres, Canteen and Mess facility and a huge green area with car parking and seating for students.
The teaching hospital, Flacq Hospital is situated in the East of Mauritius at Centre de Flacq in the district of Flacq. It provides services for the Health Region 3 for a population of 170,000 inhabitants covering essentially the district of Flacq through 24 Community Health Centres, 4 Area Health Centres and a medi-clinic.
AMC is also a cultural hub of activity as students from many different countries converge to take advantage of the exceptional faculty, holistic curriculum and innovative teaching methods. AMC draw students mainly from India, Maldives, Malaysia, Singapore, Middle East, Kenya, Nigeria, Benin, Namibia, Egypt, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Canada, United Kingdom and South Africa and various SADC Countries thereby providing the student community a rich multi- cultural exposure.
MBBS in Mauritius
WHY MBBS FROM MAURITIUS
Medical Council of India (MCI) guided syllabus
Infrastructure accredited by TEC, UTM
Established teaching hospital, clinical training at FLACQ, a distinctive hospital of Government of Mauritius
Indian faculty with decades of teaching experience
Small batches to enable better teaching and learning
Hindi and English Speaking region
Indian culture and pollution free climate
No Donation. Sem wise payment of tuition fee and hostel expenses
Very high quality of medical education
Very Economical in comparison to India
Medicine studies MBBS in Mauritius is listed with by following international agencies:
- W.H.O: World Health Organization
- FAIMER: Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
- SAQA: South African Qualification Authority
- M.C.I: Medical Council INDIA
- T.E.C: Tertiary Education Commission, Mauritius
- IMED: International Medical Education Directory
- ECFMG: Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- GAME: Global Alliance for Medical Education
- USMLE: United States Medical Licensing Examination
- LMCC: Licentiate of the Medical College of Canada
There are many advantages to study MBBS in Mauritius.
- Mauritius MBBS syllabus is guided by the Medical Council of India.
- There are quite a few MCI approved universities in Mauritius to offer MBBS courses.
- Mauritius is an English speaking country. Also, it resembles a lot of India. Many Indians settled in Mauritius a couple of generations ago. Students can see strong roots to India and the languages. Apart from English, many Indian languages are seen across the country. So, Indian students don’t feel awkward or sick in a foreign destination.
- Many medical universities has qualified Indian faculties, who has decades of teaching experience.
- All students are split into small batches, which facilities better learning and teaching.
- NO medical institute or college asks for donation. Only tuition fee and hostel fee is charged.
- Cost of education is low when compared to India.
- Indian culture is seen throughout the country.
- The environment and climate is blissful. It is a pollution free country and students have no fear of falling sick. Full of beaches, wonderful environment and serene atmosphere.
- Language, food, habits and practices are very similar to India. So, it is easy for Indian students to adapt to the Mauritius environment.
- People are very courteous and easy to mingle with the locals.
Mauritius is not very destination of study in terms of international study destination. While there are many countries famed for MBBS courses, popular among Indian students. MBBS in Mauritius quora queries started a few drawbacks like the infrastructure is not good in all medical colleges. Also, there is a common statement seen in MBBS in Mauritius reviews, where the cost of MBBS is high when compared to cost of studying MBBS in other countries. There was a chaos before a few years that international medical students who study MBBS in Mauritius face an uncertain future due to pending approval from the Medical Council of India. However, it is easy to check whether the medical university has MCI approval or not.
MBBS in Mauritius Eligibility
- Students who completed the 10 + 2 school education or I.Sc or any equivalent education with a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks.
- Main subjects of study should be biology, physics and chemistry.
- Age shall be minimum 17 years and maximum shall be 30 years
- Must be NEET-UG qualified
- Should have good track of academic records
- Should have good health and provide all certificates
- Should be fluent in English language
Eligibility requirement vary with a few universities. Some of the medical universities in Mauritius require IELTS qualification as one of the eligibility conditions to seek admission.
- The duration of the MBBS course is 5years divided into 10 semesters of 6 months.
- MBBS: 5 Years + Internship : 10 Semesters of 6 months each.
- Phase I (I to III Semesters)y
- Phase II (IV to VI Semesters)
- Phase III (VII to X Semesters)