The United Kingdom is always on the top of the list for popular study destinations, the UK has a long and proud tradition of education, housing universities from last few centuries. Famous for its language, the UK has one of the highest student retention rates thanks to the comprehensive support systems in place for international students opting for education in the UK. One of the safest countries in the world, the UK provides a multicultural ambiance with a society that holds a reputation for tolerance and welcoming diversity. Its research and quality driven institutions are unmatched in a variety of subjects including Engineering, Law, Economics and Business.
Why Study in UK ?
The United Kingdom has most ancient and prestigious universities in the UK and is also known by the educational powerhouse today. The government body has already allocated sufficient resources and investment to the education sector. The home of the English language, United Kingdom offers a diverse and flexible range of courses in globally ranked institutions. The diverse range of courses offered by UK universities has resulted in UK being the 6th highest ranked study destination in the world. Moreover, 4 of the Top 10 universities in the world are in the UK. Due to all these reasons UK has become the one of the best place to study and thousands of students are opting to study abroad in UK.
Popular Universities and Courses
- Oxford University
- Cambridge University
- London School of Economics
- University of Glasgow
- St. Andrews University
- Information Technology and Information System
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Planning and Architecture
Non-university post-secondary education takes place at a variety of technical schools, colleges of higher education and independent colleges offering a wide variety of courses leading to formal vocational qualification certifications. Through these courses, those who do not go to the university are assured the opportunities of groundings in successful lifetime careers.
The quality of United Kingdom universities is legion and students flock there from the 4 corners of the globe. The prescribed period for an undergraduate degree is 4 years, and these days more weight is gradually being added to assignments as opposed to formal examinations. Some universities offer crash two year programs with no vacations offered or allowed.
Cost of Education
The cost of education in United Kingdom will be depending upon the course you choose to study and also varies for universities to universities. The list below is the general approx cost of education as per the different type of educational qualification
- Undergraduate: £11, 400 per annum
- Postgraduate: £12, 200 per annum
- Doctoral Degree: £13, 000 per annum
Applications for Bachelor’s degree courses are made through the centralized application system i.e. Universities Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS. Students can apply to a maximum of 5 institutions/courses only.
There is no single centralized system for postgraduate applications and students have to make applications individually to each institution. Deadlines vary from course to course and institution to institution. Our counseling staff can help you with identifying these deadlines
- 15 October for medicine, dentistry and veterinary courses and all courses at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
- 15 January for all other courses except certain art and design courses that have a 24 March deadline.
- 30 June is the final deadline for international students and after this all applications go into Clearing.
- Attested copies of mark sheets of Year X, XII, and all the Under-graduate Marksheet degree certificate.
- Minimum 2 Academic/ Professional Letter of Reference from the College/ Work Place. One LOR in case of UG application on the UCAS application form itself.
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume.
- Photocopied score reports of GMAT / IETLS / TOEFL if available / required.
- Portfolio (in case of Students applying for art and design courses Architecture programs).
- Others (Certificates / achievements at the State and National Level and extracurricular activities).
Note : Go with IELTS if applying to live, work or study in the UK. You need to be aware of changes made by United Kingdom Visas & Immigration (UKVI), if you make a visa application to stay or move to the UK. A new test called IELTS Life Skills has been introduced, in addition to the IELTS General Training and IELTS Academic tests.
The most common visa for international students entering the UK is the Tier 4 Student Visa which is a points-based system. As a Tier 4 (General) student, the student must have 40 points to qualify: 30 points for having a valid confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS), which you get for studying a course at an acceptable level with an approved education provider (Your 'Tier 4 sponsor'), and for having acceptable English language skills; and 10 points for the maintenance or funds to cover your course fees and living costs. Source: UKVI Professional advice and guidance by NeoAstrum Student Advisors. Your experienced NeoAstrum Student Advisor will be able to provide advice and guidance throughout the UK student visa application process. All visa applications to the UK should be submitted through the UK Visas and Immigration or one of its commercial partners.