The USA is the world’s most popular international student destination. More international students study in the USA than in any other country in the world. The universities in the USA offering high quality of education and have an international reputation that attracts the highest number of international students across the world. The USA has the most number of universities among top 100 universities globally. The country has an extremely flexible education system. Students can receive financial assistance in the form scholarship, research assistantships, graduate assistantships, paid internships and can also earn by working part-time while studying.
Why Study in USA ?
The USA has an established, high-quality tertiary education system. It has the highest-ranked universities in the world. Thanks to the sheer size of the USA and a large number of institutions, there is a perfect fit for each type of student. As a matter of fact, 92 of the top 200 universities in the world are based in the USA. In the USA, there is truly something for every type of learner. It is the diversity of geography, culture and institutions. USA universities offer a wide choice of academic, cultural and athletic activities. Living on campus in the USA can offer you the opportunity to enrich your educational experience and meet new friends. Or you may choose to live off campus. Names such as Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, MIT, Toronto and McGill have become global education brands. When it comes to university-level education, North America (including USA & Canada) inspires the academic respect and imagination of the world.
Popular Universities and Courses
- Arizona State University, Phoenix
- University of Arizona, Tucson
- University of Cincinnati, Ohio
- University of Illinois, Chicago
- George Mason University, Fairfax County, Virginia
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Business Administration
- Mechanical Engineering
The USA has the world's most flexible education system- the students can study their area of interest as specialization. As the education system of USA is not centralized each institute can determine its program and admission standards. Tertiary education is typically divided into Associate degrees, Undergraduate (bachelor) degrees and Graduate education (master’s and PhDs/doctorates). There are the different type of Institutions Public Universities, Private Universities, Technical Institutes, The Ivy League, Small Liberal Arts Colleges, Community Colleges. A universities place great significance on diversity, meaning classes will consist of students of different ages, religions and countries of origin. This provides a stimulating and rich learning environment that encourages cross-cultural understanding and networking. Most classes will contain no more than 20 students and the professors will take the time to get to know students and their strengths. There is also a very active social life on campuses in the Universities/ Colleges in the USA, with many clubs and organizations students can join to meet other students with similar interests.
Cost of Education
The cost of education in US will be depending upon the course you choose to study and also varies for universities to universities. The list below is the general approx cost of education as per the different type of educational qualification
- The Bachelor's degree tuition fee can range from $ 15000 to $ 55000 per year.
- The Master's degree can range from $ 15000 to $ 30,000 per year.
The basic requirements for the application are the Letter of Recommendation, TRANSCRIPT, and FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS. Students have to apply online both for Bachelors as well as Masters and each University has a different fee.
- Sealed & stamped 10th, 11th and 12th Official Transcripts from school.
- 2 letter of Recommendations from school teachers.
- Statement of Purpose
- Certificate of extra-curricular activities & other achievements, if available
- Official Transcripts from the college/ University.
- 2 Academic recommendations and 1 from the employer (if the candidate has any work experience).
- Statement of Purpose.
- Essays, if required by the University.
- Detailed CV.
Applying for visas is often seen as complicated, but NeoAstrum’s trained counselors are experts in guiding students through the complete application process. The F-1 Visa (USA student visa) allows an individual to enter the United States as a full-time student at an accredited college, university or other academic institution. A student must be enrolled in a program or course of study that culminates in a degree, diploma or certificate and the school must be authorized by the US government to accept international students.
Steps for applying for a USA student visa
- The visa application process starts with the receipt of an I-20. The I-20 confirms a student’s acceptance and enrolment at a university or other educational institution.
- Pay the SEVIS fee (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System).
- Pay the visa fee at the nominated bank.
- Complete the visa application form.
- Book a visa interview appointment.
- Attend your visa interview.
- Your passport is returned to you by courier.
Remember, your personal NeoAstrum counselor will help you from start to finish, providing assistance in organizing documents, completing the forms, and preparing you for the interview with the visa officer at the USA Embassy. Book your free appointment today